Getting a great hosting plan is similar to buying a phone. You necessarily don’t need to know every component of the phone to pick a nice one. You also don’t need to have strong, deep knowledge about hosting to pick a great hosting plan. You just need to know some tips to get a great hosting plan.
When choosing a web hosting plan, you need to look out for these elements I would list out for you. The elements are:
Let me elucidate on the four elements:
- Flexibility. Don’t just think of now when you are choosing a hosting plan, think of the future. When your online business grows, you would need a stronger hosting plan to support your website. So when choosing a hosting plan, think of the future when your business grows bigger. Always ask yourself these questions before choosing a hosting plan.
- Can the hosting plan be easily upgraded to a better plan?
- How much will the upgrading cost?
- Will it be easy for me to transfer the hosting service to another company?
- Price. How cheap is cheap? The price of a hosting plan depends on the quality of the plan. Nowadays, great hosting plans don’t cost you a fortune. I advise you choose to host service from the top hosting companies because they are tested safe and offer quality services.
- Quality. You need to take note of the quality of the hosting plan you are choosing. I would advise you to choose a hosting plan with cPanel and Fantastico, MySQL (version 5 and above) and don’t forget PHP 5.
- CPanel. CPanel is used to manage your account. It works similarly to the Windows control panel. CPanel also allows you to manage your website and provides you enough control.
- Fantastico. Fantastico is important for people who are new to website creation. It allows you to do a one-click install for WordPress blog, Joomla content management system, forum and so much more without any deep technical knowledge.
- Reliability. If you want to build a great website, you must be sure that your hosting plan is very reliable. Find out if your hosting plan offers these:
- Great support. You need to be sure if the hosting plan comes with technical support. Find out how and when you can reach them. Most hosting companies provide technical support, but not all of the companies provide great quality support. So before you choose any plan, read its customers review and be at alert.
- Uptime close to 100%. If a hosting plan doesn’t offer a high uptime, don’t choose it. High uptime makes sure your customer can reach you by your website, so you won’t lose any opportunity to make sales.
— Kervin Marketing (@KervinMarketing) 30 de mayo de 2017